New Jersey
Online Course & Exam Info
EXAM Sessions by Location
EXAM Sessions by Date
What to Bring to the Exam
2021 Class Schedule
Homework (2-Session Class)
COVID Update 2021
Register On-Line
Now that you're registered
Where's My Certificate?
Map of Locations
Our Rates
2020 Testimonials
Safety Cert. vs Boat License
NJ State Police Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Boat (Not So Safe) Videos
Gift Certificates
Employment Opportunities
Our Friends' Links
NJ Nautical Charts
Spring Boating Tips

If you are boating on the ocean or a bay, any body of water WITH a tide, you only need the Boat Safety Certificate we help you get.

If you are boating on non-tidal waters (like lakes or reservoirs)  in NJ and you are a NJ resident, you will also need a Non-Tidal Boat License.  This is a separate document from a boat safety certificate and is required for operation on non-tidal water (water where the tide does not change) in the State of New Jersey. The boat license is not a replacement for a boat safety certificate, it is an additional requirement. In most cases, your boat license will be your driver's license with the BOAT endorsement.

On non-tidal waters in the State of New Jersey you will need both, a boat safety certificate and a boat license. To obtain a boat license, take your driver's license to your nearest NJ Division of Motor Vehicle Commission Facility, bring your NJ Boat Safety Certificate and apply for a boat license if they are required to possess a certificate for vessel operation.

Remember: With a tide = one card, without a tide = two cards.